Enter now for this competition! It offers all student, graduate and trainee technicians members the opportunity to submit a paper on any civil engineering related topic in the format of research, a report or an essay. It allows applicants to:
- Showcase talent in the wider engineering community
- Develop skills and confidence in public speaking
- Improve written and verbal skills in preparation for professional review
- Promote their employer's or university's name
The author of the winning paper at branch level will receive £150 prize money with a further £75 and £25 awarded for second and third places respectively. The branch winner will then go through to a further round against winners from other S E England branches and the Regional victor's paper will be considered for entry at the national final where further prize money is on offer.
- Submission of single page synopsis: 1 March
- Shortlisted finalists to be notified: 10 March
- Full papers to be submitted: 27 March
- Presentation of final papers: 10 April at 18.00 at the University of Surrey, Guildford.
See further documents for full details and an entry form.