ICE South East England is delighted to announce the formation of an interest group for retired and non-working members in the region.
The group will provide events, visits and meetings of technical interest and connect retired members with younger engineers who are seeking mentors or advice to assist them in progressing their careers.
The events will be open to all, but as they are planned for day times and some Saturdays, will appeal to retired and non-working members and their partners.
The next event is a technical talk and canal boat cruise on the Wey and Arun Canal Restoration in Billingshurst. The event will run from 10.30am to 3.30pm on 21 September.
Learn more and book
The aims of the new group are:
- To advance the ICE South East England knowledge offering to all ICE members in the region.
- To provide opportunities for retired engineers to meet and network with other professionals, both working and retired, and to share their knowledge and experience for the better promotion of civil engineering within the workplace and beyond.
- To provide support to Graduate, Student and Apprentice engineers.
- To promote mentoring of younger engineers and promote civil engineering as a career choice including visits to schools and other institutions.
- To assist in mobilising interest in retired engineers who might otherwise be lost to the profession in order to meet the wider membership objectives of the ICE.
The group would be delighted to hear from any retired members who wish to join the organising team. More details on the team and contact details for members can be found via the South East committees page. Alternatively, for further information on forthcoming events, you can contact the SEE Regional Coordinator, Anne Qualters, at email@example.com.
The organising team would like to develop a database of emails for direct mailing retired members. If you wish to join the database please enter your email in the box provided. Your email will only be used by the team to communicate information about the ICE South East England Retired Members Group.