This is the second year for Communications Competition to be held in Hong Kong for young ICE members. It aims at nurturing the young members by developing their skills and techniques for public consultation and preparing them to excel in this increasingly demanding society.
Conditions of Entry:
- Each team consists of four to six members and at least two of them shall be current ICE graduate or student members.
- All team members must be graduates or students from engineering related programmes>
- All team members must have a maximum of seven years' industry experience (10 years' for those working towards technician membership).
- Teams are permitted to enter the competition in consecutive years.
The competition consists of written tasks and a 30-minute interactive mock public consultation meeting where competitors present a make-up development project and face questions from judges and audience. In addition to the presentation, teams have to prepare the following documents to support their delivery of the mock public consultation meeting. The project scenario will be annnounced once the application is closed.
- Consultation strategy document
- Public information leaflet
- Executive summary document
For details, please refer to the Information Package.
Application deadline: 5 December 2016 (Monday)
Submission Deadline of printed deliverable: 26 January 2017 (Thursday)
Final Competition (Mock public consultation meeting): 11 February 2017 (Saturday)
Register for the Communications Competition 2016/17
Champion – Certificates and cash prize of HK$2,500.00
First runner-up – Certificates and cash prize of HK$1,500.00
Second runner-up – Certificates and cash prize of HK$1,000.00
Best Presenter – Certificate and cash prize of HK$500.00
*You may register online for student membership for free and graduate membership. Application to the competition is valid as long as the membership registration is submitted on or before 26 January 2017. Should you have any enquiry on membership, please feel free to contact Regional support team on +852 3153 4181 or at [email protected] for assistance.
** In case of overwhelming response, shortlisting mechanism will be introduced and notified to successful applicants.
Please feel free to contact Miss Elaine Lam (on +852 6081 4511) or Mr Anthony Leung (on +852 9615 2285) or via email at [email protected] for any enquiry. ICE HKA G&S reserves all rights of the competition except the result of judgement.