Many thanks indeed to all our members who sent in their photos for the short film. We received photos from a wide range of countries* and all grades of membership were represented. ICE’s International female members have contributed greatly to the world we live in.
In this video below we celebrate their outstanding achievements.
In support of International Women in Engineering Day (INWED) on Tuesday 23 June 2020, the ICE international team is conducting a photo campaign.
The campaign aims to showcase female engineers around the world, at every level and in every sector, and as members of diverse teams. We want to inspire more females to think about civil engineering as a future career and to highlight positive messaging during the Covid-19 crisis. The overall theme of INWED 2020 is #ShapeTheWorld.
The photos must show at least one female engineer:
- In front of a completed project they have worked on (to provide real career examples), and/or
- In front of any civil engineering project (to give an idea of the variety and scale of projects e.g. bridge, museum, toilet block, hospital, airport, and so on).
If you are unable to get in front of a project due to the lockdown situation, a people shot with just one person or a project team will be welcome.
You may like to hold up flashcards with relevant messages (for example, to spell out ‘ICE’ or inspirational words) or use ICE’s social media card which has editable quotes and images, remembering to use #INWED20 and #ShapeTheWorld wherever possible. Be as creative as you wish!
ICE will use the photos to celebrate the great female engineers who make our world a better place.
How to take part
- Post your photos using the hashtags on your social media account in the run up to INWED on 23 June.
- Email your photos to [email protected] together with a title to describe your submission by Friday 12 June 2020 for a chance to appear in a short montage to be shared via social media on 23 June.
* Australia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Dubai, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Italy, Malawi, Nepal, New Zealand, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Turkey, Zimbabwe.