The prestigious awards celebrate outstanding civil engineering achievement, innovation and ingenuity around the South West. It is a chance for projects and organisations from across the region to showcase the fantastic work that is taking place.
From small projects, refurbishment work through to large new build schemes, the awards will showcase the breadth of wonderful work civil engineers are completing every year in the South West.
Miranda Housden, ICE South West Regional Director said: "Our Civil Engineering Awards recognise projects which promote the excellence of the engineering profession.
"The South West is full of innovative and inspiring projects and engineers, from a wide range of sectors and the shortlist for this year's awards really showcases fantastic projects in amazing locations across the region."
All nominated projects will now be entered into the People's Choice Award is open now!
Civil Engineering Awards 2017 – Full List of shortlisted projects
- A338 Bournemouth Spur Road
- Ashton Avenue Swing Bridge Refurbishment and Strengthening, Bristol
- Cockington Lakes Restoration, Devon
- Creation of a physical model of an AGR nuclear reactor graphite core for shaking table explorations of seismic behaviour, University of Bristol
- Hayward Main Bridge, Dorset
- Jubilee Pool Restoration Project, Penzance
- Living Systems Institute, University of Exeter
- Project Wareham, Dorset
- Severnside Energy Recovery Centre
- Shaldon Bridge Refurbishment, Devon
- South Bristol Link Road
- Wessex Water's Supply Grid