The ongoing Covid-19 crisis is affecting many aspects of civil engineering. During these unprecedented times ICE Publishing brings you insights from industry experts on how to manage your projects under the current circumstances:
Save 30% on our civil engineering and built environment books
With some sites still closed, many people are looking at their professional development. To help with this the ICE Publishing Summer Sale is running earlier this year. With over 400* specialist titles for you to choose from on the ICE Bookshop, did you know that reading ICE Publishing books not only helps to grow your knowledge, but it also counts towards your CPD record? Save time and money by finding expert advice quickly and easily. Learn key principles from industry experts and keep up-to-date with the latest regulations.
New books, also part of the summer sale
ICE Publishing are continuing to publish new titles for 2020. The most recent releases include: a guide to the design of vertical gravity concrete sea and quay wall structures for practitioners in the field; an essential read if you’re involved in refurbishment projects; all the advice you might require on repairing historic timber structures and mentoring civil engineers and helping you to prepare for ICE’s Professional Review process as well as a fulfilling career as a civil engineer.
Top 10 Summer bestsellers to help your professional development
- Asset Management: Transforming asset dependent businesses, Second edition, informs you how asset management can transform the prospects of infrastructure and asset dependent businesses, by reducing risks and costs.
- The third edition of BIM in Principle and in Practice teaches you all the core concepts, and answers many of the common questions that are asked about BIM.
- Civil Engineering Procedure, Seventh edition helps you to understand the stages of work for a project from the first consideration through to completion of construction.
- CESMM4 Revised set gives you all the industry wisdom required to put the Civil Engineering Standard Method of Measurement into practice. 10 things you need to know about CESMM4 answers the most frequently asked questions about it.
- The second edition of Graphics for Urban Design is your guide to urban design, town planning and regeneration projects.
- NEC3 and NEC4 Compared explains the differences between the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC3) and the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC4).
- NEC3: The Role of the Project Manager educates you on how the role of project manager and its responsibilities are integrated into the completion of a programme.
- NEC4 Resolving and Avoiding Disputes saves you time and money. Did you ever want to know how your contract can help you to solve disputes and avoid damaging relationships?
- The third edition of ICE Specification for Piling and Embedded Retaining Walls helps to reduce disputes on site and enables consultants to design more economically by having confidence in how the site works will be carried out.
- The popular second edition of Temporary Works: Principles of design and construction, Second edition is ‘a must have reference book for anyone involved in temporary works’ – Jo Griffiths of Network Rail.
The Summer Sale ends on 7 August so browse the titles now.
Civil engineering news
The August issue of Civil Engineering will be emailed to members soon. This issue won’t be printed so please look out for it in your inbox.
2020 Award winning papers
Last month ICE Publishing announced the winners of its best paper awards. All the winning papers are free to read so if you haven’t seen them yet, take a look.
For more updates follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
On WeChat search: ICE 工程
*All our print books are included in the 30% discount apart from NEC Contracts and third-party titles.