Thirteen projects have been shortlisted for a prize at ICE Wales Cymru’s Project Awards 2019.
The judging panel, which includes senior engineers John Evans, Dr Jamila Davies and Panel Chair John Mather, have selected projects which have stood out as notable and potentially deserving of an award.
The panel will now undertake site visits of many of the shortlisted projects. They'll also speak to the designers, the construction team and other stakeholders to scrutinise the entries.
The shortlisted projects for 2019 are:
- Mynydd y Gwair Wind Farm, South Wales
- A483/A489 Newtown Bypass, Mid Wales
- St Asaph Flood Risk Management Scheme, North Wales
- Colwyn Bay Waterfront Project Phase 2, North Wales
- M4J34 Reprofiling Scheme, South Wales
- Llangefni Link Road Section 3, North Wales
- Greener Grangetown Water Sensitive Urban Design, Cardiff
- Porthcawl Town Beach Coastal Improvement Scheme, South Wales
- Brynglas Tunnels Refurbishment, South Wales
- Talerddig Level Crossing Safety Improvements, Mid Wales
Designed in Wales
A number of projects have also been shortlisted for the Designed in Wales Award, which celebrates excellence in projects designed in Wales but constructed elsewhere. These include:
- Greatham Beck, Hartlepool
- Totnes Flood Defence Improvements, Devon
- Northumberland and Halfway SPS
Network Rail’s new Asset Management System has also been shortlisted for a new discretionary award this year, the ‘Chair’s Special Award’, which celebrates any individual or project which has demonstrated exceptional skill and expertise or made an exceptional contribution to the profession.
Awards winners will be announced at ICE Wales Cymru’s Awards Dinner on 14 June 2019 at the Marriott Hotel, Cardiff.
The awards will be presented by ICE’s President Andrew Wyllie.
Book your place at the Awards Dinner
Each year, ICE Wales Cymru hosts an Awards Dinner event to celebrate the nominees and winners.
In 2018, the event featured an address from HRH Prince Charles to celebrate ICE’s 200th anniversary.
This year, the Awards Dinner will be hosted by former BBC Radio 2 presenter Lynn Bowles, and a caricaturist will be in attendance to provide memorable keepsakes for guests.
If you'd like to book a table at this prestigious event, please contact Graham Coombs