Our library website is the gateway to our rich collection of civil engineering knowledge.
Through the main search box you can search for books, e-books, archive records and images in one easy step.
Once you found what you need, you can then request books to be posted or put aside for collection, or send us enquiries about specific archive items.
The ICE Archive collections contain records relating to the ICE from its formation in 1818 to the present.
These include the minutes of the first meeting at the Kendal Coffee House and the definition of civil engineering as written by Thomas Tredgold for the Royal Charter, manuscripts, notebooks, drawings, photos and papers on past construction projects – from Marc Brunel's Thames Tunnel to the Channel Tunnel.
The Manage account tab allows you to view your current and past loans and renew your books.
The Digital Resources Portal provides easy access to our e-books and e-journals that you can view or download at your desk. Simply log into the ICE website with your MyICE details and follow the links and login instructions.
ProQuest EBook Central is our main e-book platform and contains now over 600 titles covering a wide range of subjects. The top downloaded titles are:
- Spon's Civil Engineering and Highway Works Price Book 2020
- International Construction Contract Law
- Managing Risk in Construction Projects
- Structural Foundation Designers' Manual
- Design of Steel-Concrete Composite Bridges to Eurocodes
- NEC4: 100 Questions and Answers
Springer R&D is a large collection of journals with particular strength in environmental and geotechnical titles, including:
- Environmental Geology
- Journal of Civil Structural Health Monitoring
- Materials and Structures
- Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- Sustainable Water Resources Management
Emerald Information Service, also a collection of engineering journals with titles on structural and environmental engineering, as well as soft skills, such as management and leadership.
- Built Environment Project and Asset Management
- Construction Innovation
- Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management
- International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management
- International Journal of Managing Projects in Business
- Smart and Sustainable Built Environment
If you are interested in history you can use Ancestry to access the ICE Membership lists from 1818 to 1930.
The ICE Image collection offers a gallery of images from the extensive collection of the Library and archives at ICE. Gathered from its portraits, paintings and photographs, as well as plates, drawings and illustrations to classic engineering texts, the images date from the 1700s onwards.
Any questions please contact us [email protected], 020 7665 2251 or visit the enquiry desk in the Members' Resources Hub.