Experts in the field of urban transportation at Future Analysis System of Transportation (FAST) delivered a seminar to students from Indonesia's Binus University. Organised by the local ICE Student Chapter, the focus was on the ideas and work undertaken to encourage travellers to use public transport.
An audience of 200 students and professionals heard from a number of speakers including:
- Masrono Yugikartiman, the Director General of Railways from Ministry of Transportation Indonesia, who shared the latest railway improvement proposals
- Yoga Adwinarto, a transportation specialist from the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP), who spoke on the potential impact of different mode of transports across Jakarta
- Dr J Scott Younger OBE CEng FICE, the Director of Nusantara Infrastructure TBK, who compared Jakarta's present infrastructure against required future improvements to deal with the rapidly growing urban population
- Robert Hardy MICE, Technical Director of the Indonesian Infrastructure Initiative (IndII), who presented plans to improve accessibility for disabled and other vulnerable users on Jakarta's buses
- Dr Irawan Tani, a project manager on Jakarta's Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) from Mott MacDonald, discussed the detailed design that currently is under construction.