A showcase for the very best digital photography of the built environment in the region, the competition is open to all schools, colleges, photo clubs, members of the public, as well as industry colleagues.
The institution has selected 20 significant civil engineering projects across the region, and entrants are invited to capture a photograph of one of the structures. There is no limit to the number of photographs you can enter.
The photographs will be featured in a number of public spaces at a prestigious anniversary exhibition next year, as the institution celebrates its bicentenary. There are also three cash prizes.
Prizes: Winner £250, Second Prize £150, Third Prize £100.
How to enter
- Select one or more subjects from either of the lists of civil engineering projects below
- Check the conditions of entry on the flyer
- Send your digital photograph(s) by WeTransfer to ICECompetitionYandH@ice.org.uk with the requested information by 31 October 2017.
Top 10 subjects:
- Blackburn Meadows Waste Water Treatment Works, including Sheffield Megatron
- Drax Power Station
- Emley Moor transmitting station
- Humber Bridge
- Humber ports
- Middleton Railway
- Saltaire and Leeds & Liverpool Canal
- Scammonden Dam/M62 Pennine section
- Tinsley Viaduct
- Washburn valley reservoirs
- Cleethorpes Pier
- Huddersfield Narrow Canal/Standedge Tunnel
- Hull Tidal Barrier
- Leeds-Bradford Airport runway
- Leeds Station southern entrance
- Lockwood Viaduct
- Nidderdale Aqueduct
- Selby Diversion
- Underpinning of York Minster
- York Railway Station