- Updated: 09 July 2020
Ben Goodwin, ICE Lead Policy Manager
This insights paper outlines the potential costs and benefits of nuclear new build in the UK, drawing lessons from international projects and providing analysis of alternative approaches.
The paper covers:
- Background on nuclear generation and new build aspirations
- An overview of government policy on nuclear and its success to date
- Lessons from international nuclear projects
- The public perception around nuclear power
- Lessons from the Covid-19 pandemic
- Alternative approaches including renewables and novel nuclear technologies
This paper was informed by available published evidence, ICE fellows and consultation with experts in the nuclear sector.
Download this report