View the top three winning entries in the ICE HKA photography competition.
The ICE HKA Photography Competition 2020 ran between 1 March and 30 June 2020 with the aim of further improving the image of the profession of civil engineering through demonstrating our contributions to the society.
The theme of the competition was 'Engineering Cross Culture. The submission had to involve a civil engineering project(s) in Hong Kong that related to the theme. A total of 16 candidates entered the competition and submitted 66 photographs, and all of them met the minimum entry requirements.
The photographs were reviewed by the judging panels that comprised six HKA committee members: Eva Kong, Louis Wong, Chris Lau, David Mak, Winnie Lai and Mandy Lai. The panels gave their individual marks based on the following criteria:
- Skill of photography
- Visual impact/presentation quality of the photograph
- Creativity and innovation
- Originality of subject
- Relevance to the theme
View the winning entries below!
1. Overall winner- with a cash prize of HK$5,000 and a certificate is NG CHEUK-YIN whose photo reflected three generations visiting a Chinese traditional theatre.
NG CHEUK-YIN's winning submission
2. First runner-up - with a cash prize of HK$3,000 and a certificate is 隋彪 with a misty view of Hong Konk
隋彪 with a misty view of Hong Kong
3. Second runner up - with a cash prize of HK$2,000 and a certificate is FOK YUI-HANG with a photo of the Tung Chung New Town Development.
FOK YUI-HANG with a photo of the Tung Chung New Town Development
A prize presentation ceremony was originally planned to be held in the ICE Annual Dinner 2020, which was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The top three winners have been notified the result and will receive their prizes by post instead.