ICE Publishing has announced that there are two vacancies for key roles at the Transport and Infrastructure Asset Management journals.
ICE Publishing is calling for experts to fill vacancies that have opened up on two ICE journals.
One vacancy is for a new panel chair and honorary editor for the Transport journal, and the other is for an editor-in-chief for the Infrastructure Asset Management journal, with both starting in January 2023.
The new Transport journal honorary editor would be replacing Mujib Rahman, professor of civil engineering at Aston University in Birmingham, who has served his term and will be stepping down at the end of 2022.
Also stepping down at the end of the year is current Infrastructure Asset Management journal editor-in-chief, Arun Kumar, professor at RMIT university in Melbourne, Australia.
The two roles share the following requirements:
- Further the quality of the journal and to promote it to the international community.
- Provide editorial direction to the panel.
- Oversee peer review to publish journal issues on time.
- Manage the membership of the panel.
- Arbitrate on differences of opinion on papers.
- In consultation with the publisher, respond to author complaints and advise on corrective action.
- Chair panel meetings.
- Maintain close liaison with ICE publishing team.
- Maintain links with the relevant ICE expert panel.
- Manage process of selecting papers for awards.