Nine ICE members are finalists in this years’ ICE London Civil Engineering Awards, showcasing the valuable work civil engineers contribute to their community.
The contributions of members, who make a difference in the industry and their communities, are being recognised at the ICE London Civil Engineering Awards 2021.
These celebrate outstanding civil engineering achievement, innovation and ingenuity within Greater London. The Awards have grown over the last decade into the highest honour for London civil engineering excellence.
This year’s awards features two new categories - Fairness, Inclusion and Respect Champion and Volunteer of the Year. These are to recognise the many ways in which ICE London members are demonstrating professionalism and are having a positive impact in the industry.
The nine finalists for the ICE London Civil Engineering Awards 2021:
- Divik Bandopadhyaya, Tunnel Engineer, London Bridge Associates
- Leena Begum, Civil Engineering Apprentice, Atkins
- Natalie Bowkett, Senior Engineering Manager, MACE
- Claudia Caravello, Infrastructure Assistant Project Manager, Turner & Townsend
- Steven Edwards, Principal Engineer, Atkins
- Luke Marriott, Principal Tunnel Engineer, Atkins
- Jo Hartnell, Assistant Tunnel Engineer, Atkins
- Gemma Rutter, Assistant Civil Engineer, Atkins
- Prince Sithole, Sub Agent and Regional Engineer, Highways Division, Jackson Civil Engineering
The judging panel, chaired by ICE London Director Jonathan Baggs AMICE, will now carefully consider each entry against the award criteria to determine who has gone above and beyond in this challenging year.
Jonathan Baggs said “Congratulations to all the finalists, it is always inspiring to see what our members have been involved in. This year, their passion, resilience and innovation has really shone through to connect and deliver beyond the usual means and to reach out to a wider audience”.
The winners will be presented by Rachel Skinner, as part of her virtual President’s Visit on Wednesday 19 May.
Book your free ticket to support the finalists and find out who the winners are. On the evening, Rachel will also discuss the future of civil engineering, shaping zero and host a Q&A session.
The award categories are:
- Fairness, Inclusion and Respect Champion
- Rising Star Award
- STEM Ambassador of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year