Topics introduced this month include Leadership training and Introduction to Structural Appraisals, with more coming soon.
Civil engineers will be able to develop their skills from wherever suits them, thanks to a new range of eLearning courses released by ICE Training.
The new suite comes as part of a push to make some of ICE Training's most popular courses and subject areas more readily accessible to delegates who can't always find the time to travel and commit to a day or two in the classroom.
Five courses are available now:
- Law and Contracts – the full course delivers a thorough understanding of the practicalities of contracts from the basis of English law, through contract formation, to their administration on civil engineering projects. There are also options for those who already have or are looking to attain their NEC4: ECC Project Manager Accreditation.
- Management and Leadership – The programme has been specifically developed by the ICE to broaden your understanding of management and leadership theoretical knowledge and is ideal for your continued professional development.
- Introduction to Structural Appraisals – This course offers an easy to follow, step-by-step guide to the common causes of structural damage and methods of investigation, and by the end you will be well-equipped with a broad understanding of structural appraisal work.
- An Introduction to Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) – The modules provide an introduction to the important principles and objectives underpinning SuDS, including a description of their role in alleviating flood risk, in building resilience and in improving water quality.
- Deep Soil Mixing – Gain a knowledge of soil mixing and its advantages over other more traditional methods of dealing with weak ground, and an understanding of the type of soils and projects soil mixing would be suitable for.
Meanwhile, other eLearning courses in the pipeline cover the following subjects:
- Sustainable Development
- Health and Safety
All of the training courses contribute to engineers' continued professional development requirements and are valuable additions to their lifelong learning plan.
In addition, ICE Members are entitled to a 10% discount on all training courses.