The responses to this Green Paper will enable the Infrastructure Client Group to develop a roadmap, as part of the Construction Leadership Council's Industry Recovery Plan on how infrastructure delivery should be reinvented in the UK following Covid-19.
Specifically the Green Paper covers the following themes:
- Systemic lessons from Covid-19
- Lessons from Covid-19 on the infrastructure we need
- Lessons from Covid-19 on how we deliver infrastructure
There are seven questions included as part of the consultation. These are:
- What other factors, or combination of factors, will determine attitudes to public life as we transition to a new normal?
- What other systemic changes, driven by lessons learned during the lockdown period, can we expect to be important as part of the new normal?
- Are our assumptions of the new priorities for infrastructure correct?
- What other changes to infrastructure provision will be needed and what assumptions sit behind that need?
- Have we made the correct assumptions on the changes in delivery that will be required, to deliver infrastructure as part of the new normal?
- What are the intermediate steps required to move us towards these new approaches to delivery?
- What other fundamental shifts are required to deliver concrete and long-lasting change in how we operationalise to deliver infrastructure to achieve societal requirements?
This consultation runs until 14 June. Responses can be made by emailing ICE Policy.
Covid-19 and the new normal for infrastructure systems
Content type: Consultation
Last updated: May 2020