The submission recommends that Government should:
- Reaffirm its commitment to the National Infrastructure Delivery Plan and ensure that a stable pipeline of infrastructure projects remains in place.
- Seek to ensure that the UK remains an influential member of the European Investment Bank.
- Seek to retain access to high-skilled, low-skilled and unskilled labour that is required to deliver construction and infrastructure projects detailed in the National Infrastructure Pipeline.
- Seek to ensure that the UK remains an influential member of relevant European standards organisations such as CEN and CENELEC.
The submission recommends that industry should:
- Seize Brexit as an opportunity to take a leadership role on innovation and digitisation in order to deliver smarter infrastructure networks across the UK.
The Brexit Infrastructure Group will be making further contributions to other public inquires and debates – revisiting and refining the recommendations contained within this submission where necessary – as the process for the UK leaving the EU continues.
Submission to EEU inquiry
Content type: Consultation
Last updated: 21 November 2016