In a landmark year for Asian infrastructure, with the 'One Belt, One Road' policy and the creation of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), a range of exciting new opportunities for investors, construction and communities across Asia have become available.
The 'One Belt, One Road' Initiative is a development strategy and framework proposed by China that focuses on connectivity and cooperation among countries primarily across Asia and Europe. The AIIB will focus on the development of infrastructure and other sectors in Asia, including:
- Energy and power
- Transportation and telecommunications
- Rural infrastructure and agricultural development
- Water supply and sanitation
- Environmental protection
- Urban development and logistics
The 'Investment Led Infrastructure Development" themed conference brings together speakers and delegates from China, the UK and across the Asia-pacific region to share their experiences. It examines the key principles for the successful delivery of major infrastructure schemes, uses case studies to explore those principles in practice, and brings together perspectives from different countries to identify key lessons for the next wave of infrastructure investment across Asia.
The Convention will explore questions such as:
- How do we manage risk to release investment funds?
- What are the most appropriate legal structures?
- What can contractors and consultants from participating nations learn from their different experiences of projects in Asia, Africa and Europe?
The ICE Asia Pacific Regional Convention is hosted by the Institution of Civil Engineers, with support from China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC), China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) and Mott Macdonald.
Further details about the Convention can be found on the ICE Events page.