Entering the Emerging Engineers Award (EEA) gives you a great chance to:
- Promote new ideas, research and best practice to the engineering community.
- Develop your self-marketing skills and confidence in public speaking.
- Improve your written and verbal skills in readiness for Professional Review.
- Demonstrate your talent to the engineering community and peers.
- Add to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) record.
- Win cash prizes at the Regional Final and ultimately, the prestigious Global Final.
Entries should preferably be based on your own work and can be adapted from university/employment research papers, project reports, quarterly employment reports, written exercises or professional review reports. The London regional competition is open to all current student, graduate and trainee technician Members of the Institution of Civil Engineers who live, work or study in the London Region.
Prizes for the London Regional Final:
First Prize: £250 (That's 3741 Pieces of lego!)
Register your intent to submit a paper by completing and sending the ICE3159 application form with a synopsis of your paper to email@example.com.
Selected entries will be asked to submit a copy of their full paper for review, This will be no later than 15th January 2016.
Five entries will be selected to present at the 2016 London Regional Final, which will be held on Monday 8th February, 6:30 - 8:00 pm at the Institution of Civil Engineers in Westminster.
Those selected to present will be informed by Monday 21st January.
After the regional round, three finalists will be selected from all ICE regions to compete at the 2016 Emerging Engineers Award Global Final where the prestigious Institution Medal and further cash prizes can be won.
How to enter