Those wishing to submit entries to the annual ICE Yorkshire and Humber Awards now have until Friday, November 13, to do so, allowing a further two weeks. We're keen to help share all the fantastic work carried out by civil engineers.
It's easy to get caught up in delivering the job and moving on to the next project yet, entering the awards is good for both business and morale. There's a range of categories available to suit a range of projects and people.
The categories are:
- Centenary Award - projects £5m and over
- Smeaton Award - projects greater than £500k but less than £5m
- Sir John Fowler Award – projects or studies less than £500k
Top Tips for Entries
- Make a quick start by downloading the application pack
- Read the rules and guidance carefully and write a relevant entry
- Give yourself time to put together a solid entry. The entry itself won't necessarily take too long, but getting partner sign-off, relevant plans together etc. can add to your timings
- Keep it simple, yet specific - ensure your entry is easy to explain and concise
- Back-up your claims with evidence; the trick is to say something and then prove it
- Stick to the word count, otherwise your entry may be discounted
- Take a step back - before completing your entry think about the achievements you would like to highlight with your submission and check that they come across clearly
- Make your entry shine - use images that show the completed project, as well as the progress made
- Submit it on time: entries close on Friday, November 13 2015.
- Don't be put off if you've entered before and didn't win. Try, try, try again!
Good luck and do remember to exploit the benefits of an awards nomination or success!
Closing date for entry: Friday, November 13 2015.