The Ambassador Award scheme is now open for entry for participation during the 2014-15 academic year.
The categories are:
- New Ambassador Award: a new member of the ambassador scheme who has made an impact within their first year
- Special Recognition Award: to a member who has contributed significantly to the ambassador team
- Company Award: to the company who has engaged with students, supported graduates during their training and represented civil engineering on a professional scale
The New Ambassador and Special Recognition nominations will be made by the ICE Regional Education Team, however, we are looking for companies to nominate themselves for the Company Award.
The Company Award will be presented to an employer who has been the most effective during the academic year 2014-15 in the Yorkshire and Humber region, and recognises the efforts made by civil engineering employers to stimulate an interest in STEM* subjects in young people and to encourage them to enter a career in civil engineering.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination for the Company Award can be downloaded from the links below. The nomination should be presented on one side of A4 paper, although supporting information could be appended to this. Please note that these are guidelines only and, if further supporting information were to be submitted, this will be taken into account.
This could include any of the following:
- Providing ICE Ambassadors for schools events and careers fairs
- Promoting the ICE/STEMNET Ambassador scheme in-house and linking this to the ICE attributes
- Development of employees
- Engaging with and supporting schools
- Engaging with and supporting youth centres and groups
Award nominations will be judged by a panel made up of a minimum of three independent judges appointed by the Committee including senior representatives of the Regional Education Team.
All nominations must be received by Friday 29 January 2016. Formal awards will be presented at the annual regional Gala Dinner to be held on 11 March 2016 in Sheffield.
* The STEM subjects are Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics