What will the project deliver?
The building forms part of the wider CB1 redevelopment, which will reshape and revitalise the station area of Cambridge and bring economic investment to the city. It provides office space, shops and secure bike parking. This gateway building will serve as a significant landmark in the expanding business district.
The redevelopment of this previously derelict site, improves the look of the area as well as providing cycle parking and space for new shops and cafés as part of the ground floor, which are already bringing economic investment to the area.
The highly-specified 'One the Square' succeeds in providing a lasting impression on visitors as one of Cambridge's modern landmarks.
- Provides over 12,000m2 of office and shop space
- Underground bike parking replaces the old cycle park, which was no longer fit for purpose
- The design had to be altered to take account of abandoned, buried, concrete, railway infrastructure
- Includes 1,580 tonnes of structural steel
- Took 8,307 man-hours to build
- One the Square will achieve BREEAM excellent rating and is a good example of modern, sustainable construction