Who's it for?
Joining as a Graduate Member (GMICE) is the ideal step to help you become a professionally qualified civil engineer. It will help you get ahead in your career and is an important step on your way to one of our globally-recognised qualifications.
You’ll be able to build on your skills and record your development and, when ready, you can sit your Professional Review. You will also show your employers your commitment to the profession.
You can see below the information and documents you will need to upload as part of the application process. You can start your application via our online tool whenever you're ready.
Join as a Graduate Member
- Course details including full university/college name and address, full course title, qualification type (e.g. MEng, BEng (Hons), BSc, HND), and course start and end dates
- A certified copy of your proof of academic qualification uploaded in electronic format (e.g. your course certificate as a PDF file)
- A certified English translation of your academic qualification uploaded in electronic format if required
- Credit or debit card details. We will ask for your payment at the end of the application
- Contact details. Please provide an email address, so that we can confirm your application, and a preferred mailing address should we need to post information to you
Which documents can I use?
To verify the course(s) you studied, please upload a certified copy of one (or more, if requested) of the following:
- Qualification certificate
- Official transcript - list of modules studied
- Statement from the university - Signed original declaration from the university or college on official letter-headed paper, stating your name, the course you studied, the year you started, the date the qualification was awarded and the class of the qualification
How do I certify my certificates?
To certify a copy of your certificate, your University lecturer, senior member of your employing company, a solicitor or a Corporate ICE Member must write the following in blue or black pen directly onto the proof of academic qualification:
To certify an English translation, an official translator, your university lecturer, senior member of your employing company or a Corporate ICE Member must write the following in blue or black pen directly onto the English translation:
- Make sure you have all your supporting documents ready before starting your online application. You can only attach one Word or PDF file per qualification
- You should ensure that the documents you provide confirm the full period of study
- Please note that in some cases we may need to request additional documents in support of your application
If you are having problems uploading your documents you may need to update your web browser to an updated version. Please read our browser policy for more information.
How much does it cost?
To apply for graduate membership you will need to pay the subscription fee for your first year. A full year of membership costs:
- £201.25 per year if you're based in the UK
- £150.50 per year if you're based outside the UK
- £66.00 per year for graduate technician members*
- If you join in the year in which you graduate (receipt of graduation certificate) then no subscription fees are payable for the remainder of this calendar year.
- If you join part way through any subsequent year, graduate member rates are pro-rata so the payment you make maybe less than the fee listed.
- If you're earning less than £15,600 per year, or equivalent, you might qualify for a reduced membership rate of £64.25.
*If you hold a qualification which meets the requirements for Engineering Technician (EngTech) and are looking to become a technician member of ICE, you could be eligible for a special concessionary rate.
Start your application
You can start your application via our online tool whenever you're ready.
Join as a Graduate Member