SCEs guide and support graduate civil engineers on ICE Training Schemes.
They use their knowledge and experience to help trainees progress through the scheme, and to sit their Professional Review (to become professionally qualified). They're also on hand to assist with any questions or difficulties.
As an SCE you would:
- Help trainees to join your company's ICE Training Scheme
- Identify learning and development opportunities for your trainees
- Review and sign off their development plans and appraisals
What's in it for me?
As an SCE you'll benefit by:
- Giving back to the profession and helping members to become professionally qualified
- Developing your professional skills, such as negotiating, coaching and managing people
- Raising your profile within the civil engineering industry
- Helping your company to develop its staff
Mentoring graduates is really important for companies, trainees and ICE. So if you decide to become an SCE, we'll officially register you and give you training before you start your new role. We also do refresher training with all of our SCEs.
Become an SCE today
If you're keen to help young engineers in your company take the next step to qualification, we want to hear from you.
Help with ICE elearning
If you're interested in finding out more about becoming SCR, then why not watch our SCE webinar? Available 24/7, the webinars are hosted by an ICE expert and provide relevant advice and guidance.