VIDEO: Gold award winners - St John's Marlborough
The ICE CityZen competition is an easy to run, structured activity which is supported throughout by an ICE STEM Ambassador.
It takes place yearly in the autumn term and makes an ideal extra-curricular activity for students making critical decisions about their futures.
The competition is in two parts:
- A digital game played over 4-6 one-hour sessions
- A creative video project for students to pitch their idea of how civil engineering could be used to improve their local environment.
The ICE CityZen experience gives students:
- Skills for success, such as teamwork, critical thinking, communication and problem-solving.
- Insight into a respected, exciting and globally vital career option.
- More insight into STEM topics, including content relevant to the national curriculums for geography, and design technology.
- A certificate of participation, plus great prizes. The 2022 competition top prize is £2,000 (shared between school and pupils), a wave tank courtesy of the JBA Trust and a trip to One Great George Street.
Register your school or college to take part in CityZen 2022
CityZen need-to-know information
- It’s for students aged 16-18 years old...
- ...attending full-time education in a UK school or college
- Teams must be registered by a teacher or school representative
- The deadline for registering teams is 30 September
Read the full terms and conditions of the competition.
David Butler Award 2021
Watch the winning videos from the first CityZen competition in 2021.
Got a question about the award?
Contact the ICE careers team if you have a question about the competition and we’ll be happy to help: