Contributing to ICE’s overall international development work, CEC strives to strengthen the contribution of engineers to the achievement of sustainable and appropriate development solutions, and along with its members, is fully committed to the attainment of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
CEC is a professional body for all engineers of the Commonwealth. Representing 45 engineering institutions in 44 countries across five continents, CEC is a truly global organisation whose aim is to advance the science, art and practice of engineering for the benefit of mankind. Engineering is at the heart of social and economic development. As engineers we recognise our responsibility and the importance of working closely with other professions and with the engineering community at large.
The Council’s main aims and objectives are the following:
- Foster co-operation and exchange of information among members;
- Support the development of indigenous engineering institutions in all member countries, associated states and colonies of the Commonwealth;
- Foster the education, training and professional development of engineers;
- Encourage and facilitate the transfer of technology between countries;
- Promote meetings on engineering and related subjects;
- Undertake specific projects and support local programmes;
- Support the contribution of engineering to sustainable development and fulfilment of the UN SDGs;
- Present the views of the engineering profession to the central Commonwealth bodies such as the Commonwealth Secretariat and through them to Commonwealth Heads of Government.
To learn more about CEC, please contact Katie Momber at: [email protected].
Supported closely by ICE, and representing 45 engineering institutions in 44 countries across five continents, CEC is a truly global organisation whose aim is to advance the science, art and practice of engineering for the benefit of mankind.
The Secretariat for the Commonwealth Engineers Council is based at the Institution of Civil Engineers, One Great George Street, London SW1P 3AA.