Welcome to our website - we hope you enjoy your visit and find what you're looking for. We need to make you aware of our terms and conditions.
The term ‘Institution of Civil Engineers’ or ‘ICE’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is One Great George Street, Westminster, London, SW1P 3AA. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
The ICE reserves the right to decline to publish any content that is submitted.
Guest blogs posted on the ICE website represent the views and opinions of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of the ICE.
The appearance of blog content on the ICE website does not constitute an endorsement by the ICE.
- Entry is anyone living or working in Wales.
- No person should break any Health and Safety rules of any construction site or other location in any way to
obtain a photograph. Do not put yourself or anyone else in danger when taking photographs.
- The photograph(s) must be your own work and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- A maximum of 3 photographs per entry are to be submitted by email with the following information:
- Photo competition in the email subject line
- Your name (and membership status if applicable)
- Your age (if under 16)
- Contact details (email and phone number)
- Details about the image(s) i.e. title, subject and location with the file name as a reference
- Type of camera used (and settings, if appropriate)
- Photographs may be cropped (whilst retaining standard image dimensions), enhanced (e.g. brightened/lightened), but the content must not be manipulated (i.e. any content moved/added/removed).
- The judging panel will include: Representatives from the official sponsors, a professional photographer, ICE Wales Cymru Communications Lead, ICE Wales Cymru Chairman and Chairman of the Elected Members Sub Committee.
- The judges reserve the right to exclude any photograph they believe has been excessively treated, altering its authenticity.
- The promoter of this competition is:
ICE Wales Cymru, Cambrian Buildings, Mount Stuart Square, Cardiff Bay, CF10 5FL.
- You must own the copyright of each photograph image entered and you will retain copyright, however in entering the competition you are granting ICE a royalty-free, world-wide license to publish images in print and electronic format for purposes connected with ICE and the promotion of civil engineering without acknowledgement (although a credit may be given if appropriate). No fees will be payable. ICE retains the right to pass to a 3rd party to promote civil engineering e.g., the media. Each prize winner consents to the promoter publishing their name and hometown/city in publicity for the competition.
- Entrants will keep ICE harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and ICE. Where such persons depicted are under the age of 16, then consent will be required from the parent/guardian. The attached ‘Consent Form’ may be used for such purposes.
- ICE reserves the right to cancel this competition or amend the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- An online exhibition of winners and shortlisted entries will be held in November 2023. The winners will be announced prior to the exhibition and sent their certificates.
- Photograph images should be a minimum of 1500 x 2000 pixels, emailed in jpeg format and named in the following way: Name of image_first name of photographer_lastname.jpg eg SevernBridge_David_Jones.jpg
- Email your digital photograph(s) to [email protected] before 17:00 on 08 September 2023.
- Winner's names will be drawn at random by 2CV and will receive one of five £100 Amazon vouchers.
- The prize draw is open to respondents who complete the survey prior to Monday 29 May 2023 (or the latest advertised closing date should the deadline be extended).
- We will only accept one entry per person, if more than one entry is submitted the entrant will be disqualified from the draw.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entrants by Monday 05 June 2023.
- The winner will receive notification of winning within a month of selection. If they do not respond within 28 days to claim their prize an alternative winner will be randomly selected.
- There are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes.
- All entrants must be 18 or over.
- By submitting an answer the entrant accepts all of the terms and conditions.
- The promoter is 2CV whose registered office is 12 Flitcroft Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 8DL.