Intelligent data and asset management are your No.1 weapon in preparing your infrastructure for an uncertain and complex future.
Knowledge and insight into these intelligent data management systems are now a critical part of a civil engineers skills set. This is no longer something just your IT or asset manager needs to know about.
These resources give a good grounding in asset data management, which is becoming more complex, but also beneficial.
- Recorded lecture - Managing Change in Complex Projects: Configuration Management, Asset Information and Big Data by Jennifer Whyte, with Miles Ashley
- Book - International Case Studies in Asset Management
- Book - Asset Management: Whole-Life Management of Physical Assets
- Knowledge - Guiding Principles of Asset Management: Realising a world class infrastructure
- Paper - Asset Management Policy
For those looking to add to their existing asset management knowledge, improve their analysis skills and create value, whilst avoiding risk. The recorded lecture explains the massive need for future asset management activities.
- Event - ICE Asset Management 2015 Innovation, Collaboration, Engagement, Nov 10 2015
- Event - The Civil Engineering Triennial Summit 2015 Resilience and Growth for Future Cities Dec 7 - 9 2015
- Recorded lecture - Managing the Asset Time Bomb
- Knowledge - Framework for local authority asset management
- Knowledge - HMEP UKRLG Highway Infrastructure Asset Management Guidance
- Knowledge - Asset Management module of the Project Initiation Routemap (from the UK Government and IPA) – This gives an overview of the key concepts in asset management to help embed asset management at the centre of project. This is so the project benefits are realised over the whole life of the asset not just upon project completion. This module provides tools, techniques and guidance on managing the interface between corporate asset management and the project team.
- Report - Scoping study for coastal asset management
- Report - Condition monitoring and asset management (CMAM)
- Book - Lloyd, C: Asset management: whole-life management of physical assets. London: Thomas Telford, 2010
- Book - Lloyd, C: International case studies in asset management. London: ICE Publishing, 2012
- Book - Risk Analysis and Management for Projects (RAMP) Third edition
- Book - Global Risk Assessment and Strategic Planning: An introduction and facilitator’s guide to the GRASP Methodology
This resource is for the advanced, organisational expert of Asset Management – to help create a better system of knowledge sharing, for the benefit of future generations.
- Recorded lecture - PAS 128 launch - Specification for underground utility detection, verification and location
- Knowledge - BS ISO 55000:2014: Asset management. Overview, principles and terminology
- Knowledge - BS ISO 55001:2014: Asset management : Management systems - Requirements
- Knowledge - BS ISO 55002:2014: Asset management: Management systems - Guidelines for the application of ISO 55001
- Journal paper - Infrastructure Asset Management journal
Leveraging the relationship between BIM and asset management
- Book - Balzer, G: Asset management for infrastructure systems: energy and water. E-Book. Heidelberg: Springer, 2015
- Book - Haas, R: Pavement asset management. Hoboken; Salem: John Wiley & Sons; Scrivener Publishing; Wiley, 2015
- Book - Hooper, R: Whole-life infrastructure asset management: good practice guide for civil infrastructure. London: CIRIA, 2009
- Book - Uddin, W: Public infrastructure asset management. 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Education, 2013