ICE is once again proudly supporting Tomorrow’s Engineers Week
from 4-8 November 2019.
Now in its seventh year, this UK-wide campaign provides an opportunity for engineers, employers, universities and schools to showcase how engineers working in all sectors are on a mission to make the world a better place.
ICE will be taking part in The Big Assembly
, showcasing ICE’s #engineersonamission and their world-shaping work and inspiring young people across the nation, and you can be part of it.
ICE activities and events will be taking place across the UK. You can volunteer to support those directly inspiring young people if you’re a registered ICE STEM Ambassador
. The following is just a flavour of what’s going on:
Contact your local ICE office
- ICE Wales is organising Engineering Team Challenges with secondary school students every day during the week in venues across the nation.
- ICE Scotland is attending Curiosity Live interactive STEM fair at Glasgow Science Centre from 6-10 November 2019.
- ICE South East England is partnering with Kent County Council, Greenwich University and STEM Learning UK for a speed networking event at the Chatham campus for 15 to 17-year-old students on 7 November 2019 from 9.00-13.00.
to find out what's going on near you, or to discuss how we can support an engagement you're organising with materials (such as printed careers guides for students) or advice.
All ICE members can get involved with the wider campaign by:
- Following the ICE social media channels to retweet/repost our inspirational #engineeronamission case studies to your personal and professional connections.
- Spreading the word to schools to register for The Big Assembly on Wednesday 6 November 2019. This live video-streamed event will feature a panel of inspirational engineers – including ICE member Imogen Graves – who will talk to students about their careers.
- Watching and sharing #EngineerOnAMission videos (and look out again for another ICE member featured!), to help inspire the next generation.
- Downloading the Tomorrow’s Engineer toolkits for information on how to join in individually or as an organisation in #TEWeek19.
- Create your own social media card to promote #TEWeek19 by downloading this pack.