The definitive guide to help undergraduates, graduates and apprentices planning a career in civil engineering. Download the app or view online for free.
Student and graduate engineers will be able to gain deeper insight into the breadth of careers available to them thanks to a new digital guide launched by the ICE.
The ICE Guide to Careers in Civil Engineering - available as an app and a downloadable eBook - is designed to help apprentices, undergraduates and graduates plan their next steps.
The comprehensive guide is packed with practical advice and tips to help engineers understand their options and navigate the wide range of opportunities available in the world of infrastructure.
It also features:
- an overview of the profession, industry profile and the latest trends such as digitalisation and the drive for net zero.
- in-depth descriptions of the key disciplines, from structures and buildings, to water, wastewater and coastal engineering to transport, energy and geotechnical.
- key roles, career pathways, profiles and insights from industry professionals.
- a guide to how the ICE aids career development and supports those looking to achieve professional qualification.
- details of key employers to help with the job search.
With expert contributions from professionals working across the built environment, the profession is brought to life through real-life profiles from a diverse range of civil engineers and infrastructure projects.
An 'invaluable tool' for planning your civil engineering career
Announcing the new guide, Séan Harris, ICE director of membership, said: “At this pivotal moment in our planet’s history, we need skilled civil engineers more than ever to overcome the challenges we face.
"Students and early career professionals are faced with an immense and exciting range of opportunities to choose from in civil engineering.
"The ICE Guide to Careers in Civil Engineering is an invaluable tool for those starting out in the industry to aid key career planning decisions and help ensure they have a successful and rewarding career in civil engineering."
View the free digital guide
The free digital editions of the ICE Guide to Careers in Civil Engineering are now available.
Download the app:
A printed edition of the guide is also available to purchase from the ICE Bookshop.