The CLC has updated its guidance for construction sites during the current health crisis.
Coronavirus update - 15 April
The CLC has issued the latest site operating procedures (version 3) aimed at protecting the workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The guidance reiterates that construction sites operating during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic need to ensure they are protecting their workforce and minimising the risk of spread of infection.
This guidance is in line with the Government's recommendations on social distancing and aims to ensure employers and individuals make every effort to comply.
Read the latest site operating procedures and guidance.
UK construction company Morrisroe have issued an instructional video on best health practice on construction sites during the pandemic. Watch it below.
Coronavirus update - 2 April
In his open letter to the UK construction sector earlier this week, Alok Sharma, the Secretary of State for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy, confirmed that the Site Operating Procedures published by the CLC are aligned with Public Health England (PHE) guidance and required to be implemented in the workplace.
In response to feedback, the Site Operating Procedures ‐ Version 2 has now been published to include:
- Clarification that, where it is not possible or safe for workers to distance themselves from each other by 2 metres, work should not be carried out.
- The request from Transport for London (TfL) to avoid using the tube network during peak times.
- Updates from PHE to reference:
- Those living with someone who has shown signs of COVID‐19 infection
- Those living with someone who is shielding
- 60%+ alcohol‐based hand sanitiser
- Keeping groups of workers together to minimise transfer of infection across the workforce.
- The need to monitor implementation of the procedures.
Build UK members continue to support the response to coronavirus, donating PPE to the NHS and building the new Nightingale field‐hospital facilities across the UK.
Businesses should continue to follow the most up‐to‐date Government guidance and for the latest updates please follow Build UK on Twitter and LinkedIn. If you have any construction‐specific queries or feedback on what is happening, please contact Build UK.
Update from 31 March
The CLC’s Co-Chair Andy Mitchell has published updated procedures for site operation.
He highlights the fact that: “Construction sites of any size that are operating during the Coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic need to ensure they are protecting their workforce and minimising the risk of spread of infection.”
You can find a downloadable pdf with the new guidance on the CLC website.