Merit Awards 2019
The aim of the awards is to:
- Recognise merit within the practising profession
- Encourage excellence and pride in the work of civil engineers
- Promote the values demonstrated in the best projects
- Raise awareness of the contribution that civil engineering makes to society
- Deliver a better future for people and the environment through teamwork and ingenuity
Entries for the 2019 Awards will be invited in the new year.
There are four Merit Awards for projects that demonstrate:
- Physical Achievement
- Technical Excellence and Innovation
- Sustainable Construction/Engineering
- Team Achievement
Projects can be entered for more than one award.
To be eligible projects must be physically located within the ICE East of England Region which includes Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Peterborough and Suffolk but excludes any London Boroughs.
They must have been completed, that is to say opened or commissioned or occupied, by the competition closing date Friday 26 April 2019. Thus, the 2019 Awards will be for projects completed between 1 January 2018 and 26 April 2019.
There will be a fee for entry into the Awards. Please note you must pay a fee for each entry, submitting the same project in more than one category will count as multiple entries.
2018 Merit Award winners
The East of England Merit Awards have previously recognised some of the best examples of civil engineering and problem solving across the region. Find out more about some of our previous winners.
Download a brochure of all the winners