The ICE South West Civil Engineering Awards in association with Kier BAM showcase the collective and individual achievements of civil engineers and civil engineering in the region.
The 2021 award winners were announced by Rob Bell, TV presenter and engineer, on Thursday 30 September at a gala ceremony in the Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel.
- Showcase Award – The Box, Plymouth
- People’s Choice Award and Project Under £8m New Build Award – A38/A419 Whitminster Roundabout Canal Bridges
- Judges’ Special Award and Community Award - Emergency Homeless Housing Project - Cornwall's Rapid Response to COVID-19
- Collaboration Award - NHS Nightingale Hospital Exeter
- Project over £8m Re-engineered Award – Marine Parade, Dawlish
- Project over £8m New Build Award - Hinkley Point C Marine Works – Tunnels
- Project under £8m Re-engineered Award - Helston Flood Alleviation Scheme
- Apprentice of the Year Award – Katie Lawson, Cormac Solutions
- Graduate of the Year Award (winner) – Alex Kaye, Arup
- Graduate of the Year Award (highly commended) – Sally Ameen, Richter
Mike Gallop, Western Route Director, Network Rail, (Chair)
Mel Karam, CEO, Bristol Water
Abie Hearn, Divisional Manager, SWH Contracting
Glayne Price, South West Women in Construction (SWWIC) Chair and Director, LHC Design
Sally Walters, Framework Manager, Stantec
We are grateful to our main partner Kier BAM and all our supporting sponsors for helping us to celebrate civil engineering achievement and excellence in the region.
Award and supporting sponsors
Project finalists’ profiles