This popular and highly competitive scheme has been running since 2005. It gives graduate and technician members a unique opportunity to gain experience, develop skills and learn about the industry.
Future Leaders meet and engage with senior engineering professionals, getting invaluable insight into industry development. They also become part of the Presidents' Future Leader alumni network. Find out more in our information brochure.
Any technician member or graduate member can apply to be a President's Future Leader. We will be recruiting for the next cohort of Future Leaders in 2021. Please contact Jo Hunt (at [email protected]) if you want to be notified when applications open.
Benefits of being a President's Future Leader
The President's Future Leader scheme has many benefits – not just for you but also for your employer and ICE.
President's Future Leaders
- Accelerate early career development
- Work on your idea that will make a real difference to the industry
- Mentored by the President and an ICE Director
- Meet senior civil engineering professionals
- Learn more about the industry and ICE
- Get experience outside a normal work environment
- Develop new skills and improve existing ones
- Attend important ICE events
Employers of President's Future Leaders
- Build a reputation for employing talented, young and qualified engineers
- Benefit from a more skilful, confident and well-rounded employee
- Appear in industry publications, such as New Civil Engineer
- Uses feedback from Future Leaders and employers to improve member services and to attract younger people into civil engineering
- Learns from young members who provide fresh, innovative ways of thinking and communicating
Commitment needed from you
If you're chosen to be a President's Future Leader you'll be away from work for around 15 days in the year. You'll also attend events and face-to-face meetings and will need to discuss projects over the phone, in video conferences and by email.
Are you interested?
Webinar: Watch the 2019/20 Future Leaders discussing the scheme and how to apply
If you have any questions contact Joanne Hunt: [email protected].