This year incoming President Andrew Wyllie is looking for the next Henry or Henrietta Palmer – those that are making a difference and see the need for change within the industry.
He has been inspired by 23-year-old Henry Palmer who 200 years ago, along with James Jones and Joshua Field, recognised the need for a civil engineering institution. With assistance from Thomas Telford, they saw their vision become a reality. Andrew would like to help you with make your vision become a reality.
This popular and highly competitive scheme has been running since 2005. It gives graduate and technician members a unique opportunity to gain experience, develop skills and learn about the industry.
You will meet and engage with senior engineering professionals, getting invaluable insight into industry development. You also become part of the Presidents' Future Leader alumni network. Find out more in our information brochure.
Any technician member or graduate member can apply to be a President's Future Leader. The deadline is Friday 4 May 2018.
Benefits of being a President's Future Leader
The President's Future Leader scheme has many benefits – not just for you but also for your employer and ICE.
President's Future Leaders
- Accelerate early career development
- Work on your idea that will make a real difference to the industry
- Mentored by the President and an ICE Director
- Meet senior civil engineering professionals
- Learn more about the industry and ICE
- Get experience outside a normal work environment
- Develop new skills and improve existing ones
- Attend important ICE events
Employers of President's Future Leaders
- Build a reputation for employing talented, young and qualified engineers
- Benefit from a more skillful, confident and well-rounded employee
- Appear in industry publications, such as New Civil Engineer
- Uses feedback from Future Leaders and employers to improve member services and to attract younger people into civil engineering
- Learns from young members who provide fresh, innovative ways of thinking and communicating
Commitment needed from you
If you're chosen to be a President's Future Leader you'll be away from work for around 15 days in the year. You'll also attend events and face-to-face meetings and be supported with work on your idea.
Are you interested?
The 2018/19 President's Future leader scheme is now open for applications. The deadline to apply is Friday 4 May 2018.
Download this year's brochure and submit the application form with your CV, a reference from your line manager, and the 750 word statement to email@example.com
Webinar: Watch the 2016/17 apprentices discussing the scheme and how to apply
If you have any questions contact Joanne Hunt: firstname.lastname@example.org.