This is where you prove that you’ve developed all the skills, knowledge and experience needed to become a professionally qualified member.
Your Professional Review includes the review submission and review day. You'll be assessed by two experienced civil engineers (your reviewers).
Professional Review submission
You’ll need to send us several documents, including your Professional Review report, CV and continuing professional development (CPD) records.
Your report describes how you have the attributes needed to become professionally qualified. It will need to go into detail about your skills, knowledge and experience, including the projects you’ve worked on and the responsibility you've had.
Professional Review day
This involves three activities: a presentation, an interview and a written exercise, which take place on the same day.
- Presentation – this is an opportunity for you to go into more detail on particular topics covered in your review report
- Interview – your reviewers will ask you about various aspects of your report to make sure you've achieved the attributes you need
- Written exercise – you’ll be set two questions and have to answer one. The questions will be on a subject that relates to your experience
How can I find out more?
We’ve prepared a guidance document which outlines all you'll need to know to help get you ready and apply for your Professional Review
Professional Review dates and locations
Professional Reviews are held in the UK twice a year – in spring (March/April) and autumn (September/October). We also hold reviews in Hong Kong, India, China and many other countries throughout the world.
Find out more about Professional Review dates, and available centres
Remote Professional Reviews
While face to face Professional Reviews remain the preferred approach, ICE can now offer remote Professional Reviews, via video conference, for international candidates:
- Who are unable to travel to one of the Professional Review locations, or
- Whose specialism does not match any of the available Reviewers at that location
To find out more and for eligibility requirements, please contact us.
How much does it cost?
You’ll need to pay a non-refundable fee when you apply, please see our fees page for more information.