Nominations for the ICE Yorkshire and Humber Civil Engineering Awards 2018 are open
Awards are made for civil engineering projects with a regional dimension in recognition of achievement, excellence or innovation in civil engineering. Nominated projects will normally be expected to have been completed or substantially completed not more than two years before the closing date for nominations.
Factors to be taken into account will include value and impact on society, sustainability, health safety and welfare, quality of design, innovation and best practice, difficulty and response, collaboration and excellence in delivery.
To be eligible for submission projects must be constructed in the Yorkshire and Humber region, designed in the region and constructed overseas, or a feasibility study/research project largely undertaken in the region.
- Centenary Award - projects £5m and over
- Smeaton Award* - projects less than £5m
- Sir John Fowler Award* – studies and research
- Early bird submission deadline: 20 October 2017
- Entry submission deadline: 3 November 2017
- November/December 2017 shortlisted project presentations to judges
- December 2017 to January 2018 site visits (if required)
- Friday 2 March 2018 - Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony, the Majestic Hotel, Harrogate
The results will be announced live on the night and awards presented by ICE President elect Professor Lord Robert Mair CBE FREng FICE FRS.
Application pack and nomination form
*Please note this year the Smeaton Award and Sir John Fowler Award categories have changed.