ICE Fellows are successful and well-respected civil engineering professionals, who have made a major contribution to the industry. When you become a Fellow you'll be seen as a role model for other engineers.
Our Fellows have either achieved in-depth technical expertise in their own engineering roles or have helped to move the profession forward. Many have done both.
Fellows are usually responsible for a variety of areas including promoting, planning, designing, building, maintaining and managing major projects.
Experts in technical subjects, education and training can also become fellows.
How do I become a Fellow?
If you would like the ICE to assess your suitability for Fellowship before formally applying, you can first contact your Regional Support Team if you reside in the UK or Hong Kong, or the ICE Fellowship Executive for advice. To obtain a preliminary assessment, made without prejudice, you are more than welcome to submit an up-to-date CV, setting out your personal achievements to email@example.com.
If you think you're ready for Fellowship, we'd be delighted to receive your application.
To apply, you'll need to have to hand:
- Three sponsors, their contact details and membership numbers. You should tell your sponsors which attributes you have listed in the statement of attributes.
- A concise CV (of no more than four pages) showing your career experience, combined with a statement of attributes (template available in Appendix X of the Fellowship guidance)
- Continuing professional development (CPD) records – your professional development records for the last three years and a development action plan for the next 12 months, from the date of your application.
- An organisational chart showing your current position, and how you fit within the wider structure, to whom you report, and for whom you're responsible.
- If you're not a member of ICE, you'll need to send us a 2,000-word report
Find out more about applying for fellowship online and which attributes you'll need to show
How much does it cost to apply?
- £163.00– current ICE members
- £293.75 – non-members
Apply for fellowship